Heavy metal poisoning happens when we have excessive exposure to certain heavy metals, these then effect the normal functioning of the body and the mind. Examples of some of the heavy metals that can cause toxicity:
Exposure to these can occur through diet, from medications, or from the environment.
These Heavy metals can get into the body through the skin, by inhalation or ingestion. The results of this Toxicity can be from sudden, severe exposure, or from chronic exposure over time.
Symptoms can vary, all depending on the type of metal involved, and the amount that was absorbed, it is also influenced by the age of the person that is exposed. It is a proven fact that young children are much more susceptible to the effects of lead exposure because they tend to absorb more, compared with adults and their brains are still in the development stages.
- Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Abnormalities of the heart, such as cardiomyopathy or abnormal heartbeat
- Problems involving the Nervous system. Like numbness, tingling of hands and feet, and general weakness
- Anemia/Iron deficiency (this is a classic symptom of chronic metal exposure)
- Damage to the kidneys and kidney related disorders.
- Damage to the Liver causing other endocrine disorders.
- Edema involving mainly the lungs
- Dysfunctions in the Brain, such as depression and cognition such as memory loss
- Horizontal lines on the nails is often a sign there is heavy metal toxins in the body.
- Also caused behavior changes, and mood disorders.
- Bones that have not formed properly and are weak especially in children.
- Can also result in Miscarriages or premature labor.
If the exposure is acute this can cause various symptoms such as damage to body organs and may increase the risk of cancer and auto immune type diseases.
HOW CAN WE DETOXIFY HEAVY METALS FROM THE BODY?
- GUT HEALTH:
- Cut out dairy, gluten, corn and eggs for at least 3 months
- Add enzymes and probiotics, omega 3, flax seeds to your diet
- Take zinc and selenium,
- DETOX YOUR LIVER:
- using advaclear, fulvic acid with glutathione. or milk thistle plus vitamin B12, and folate, (if you take milk thistle or advaclear eat whey protein to enhance your glutathione intake.
- Take Kelp and seaweed supplements which are also beneficial
- Drink at least 2-3 litres of water mixed with cranberry juice to detox the kidneys
- Take Metallo clear to eliminate the toxins