The adrenal gland is a gland that sits on top of the kidneys and is responsible for producing the hormones, cortisol, (Converts proteins into energy by increasing the amino acids in the bloodstream , it also Stimulates the liver to convert amino acids to glucose which is needed for energy, it also suppresses inflammation and Helps to maintain balanced healthy blood pressure, as well as Aids in stress reactions), Adrenalin, and DHEA, (is a Precursor to testosterone, progesterone and estrogen, it Improves resistance to viruses, bacteria, parasites, allergies, and cancer and Prevents osteoporosis, it is also responsible for lowering LDL cholesterol as well as Increasing muscle mass and decreasing body fat)
The adrenal gland is directly linked to your stress levels, helping to combat your stress responses. When one is under huge stress, the adrenals will secrete cortisol and DHEA, as well as adrenalin (flight or fright response) which boosts the energy levels, needed to cope with the situation. But when you are constantly under stress and the adrenals are having to continuously produce these hormones to combat it the adrenals get tired and start to under produce the hormones needed, DHEA drops causing what we refer to as adrenal exhaustion, and the overproduction of adrenalin can cause the onset of symptoms such as anxiety, panic attacks, and severe nervous issues.
Adrenal fatigue symptoms:
Anxiety and panic attacks
Blood sugar imbalances which could lead to diabetes type 2
Kidney issues like water retention.
Cholesterol issues caused by Increased lipid levels of blood fats effecting the liver and kidney
Diminished immune function
Loss of cellular potassium, which is essential in the healthy functioning of the heart.
Extremely low progesterone levels (causing miscarriages)
PLANT MEDICINES THAT WORK:
- # 1 BODY: An androgen-style tonic with gonadotropic, Adaptogenic & DHEA stimulating effects. It enhances the HPA feedback mechanism increasing plasma adrenocorticotropic levels whilst regulating cortisol, and is a broad spectrum midlife tonic that enhances immunity, mental acuity, increases metabolism and mitochondrial activity and has the ability to enhance muscle tone.
- Re)Cover: After prolonged states of stress and high allostatic load the body’s reserve tank becomes emptied. Glands become resistant to correct feedback mechanisms and are unable to produce enough hormonal substrates. Substantial mental and cellular strain produces a state of hypo-functioning, inadequate stress response when needed, exhaustion, irritability and listlessness. This state may also be experienced even after short but intense states of over activity and stress, and resultant poor recovery.
- Curcumin: is a compound found in turmeric that has exceptional antioxidant properties, beneficial in improving your moods, it can also Exhibit neuroprotective qualities.
- Vitamin D: has many important functions in the body, researchers have now proved that Vitamin D deficiency can affect hormone production. Low levels of vitamin D have been linked to cortisol and aldosterone overproduction. Vitamin D deficiency was shown to exacerbate the effect of adrenal insufficiency on heart stability in critically ill children.
- Rhodiola rosea: A herb known for its capacity to alter hormones and has been found to Improve mental performance and energy levels, and Decrease cortisol levels.
- Ashwagandha: is a herb that has been scientifically found to Improve the quality of life, by effectively improving resistance towards stress. So it Counteracts symptoms of stress, and Decreases the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Magnesium: Magnesium deficiency is very common and causes symptoms of fatigue and depression. Playing a huge role in adrenal insufficiency and has been shown to, Induce anxiety and HPA axis dysregulation. Magnesium Supplements, has been shown to promote relaxation, improve sleep and boost adrenal functions
- Vitamin C:The adrenal glands contain one of the highest concentrations of vitamin C in the body and research has shown that these glands secrete vitamin C as a response to stress. So Vitamin C supplements will help improve the body’s stress response.